Matcha Latte Recipe
Matcha Latte Recipe
By: Danya Sindi
The superior line of Matcha has been carefully hand-picked from Japanese tea gardens to ensure the finest quality and natural sweetness.
Matcha acts as both a stimulant (caffeine) and a relaxant (L-theanine) to help you feel energized, focused, & calm.
It has powerful health benefits equivalent to 10 cups of regular green tea with its antioxidants-rich, fat burning, & detoxifying properties.
Matcha Vs. Coffee
Both drinks can give you an energy boost, though they do so differently.
Coffee is known for providing an instant energy kick that reduces sleepiness and fatigue. This happens because your body rapidly absorbs up to 99% of its caffeine, meaning that the compound may reach peak blood concentration levels as soon as 15 minutes after intake
Once absorbed, caffeine can cross your brain barrier and block the receptors of adenosine — a compound with sleep‐promoting properties — which can help keep you awake
Similarly, matcha contains caffeine. However, this beverage may boost your energy at a slower pace than coffee.
Matcha also contains L-theanine, an amino acid found in the green tea plant that can reduce stress by increasing alpha waves in your brain. Like caffeine, L-theanine crosses your brain barrier and may reach peak concentration levels in 30 minutes
When combined with caffeine, L-theanine may reduce tiredness while increasing feelings of alertness
Yields: 1 serving
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- ½ tsp. Matcha
- ½ cup Water
- 1 cup Almond Milk
MaChii’s Favourite Toppings
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Sift the Matcha to remove the lumps.
- Add the Matcha into the cup.
- Heat the water to 80°C and pour it over the matcha powder
- Whisk with MaChii Whisk (hyper link) until it completely dissolves.
- Heat and froth the almond milk
- Pour the almond milk onto the matcha and enjoy with your choice of toppings!
* We recommend using a milk frother. Our favorite milk is RUDE health Almond Milk, Available in store.
Make it Matchiilicious!