Our handwoven products are meticulously handcrafted by skilled East-African women artisans based in the region of Ngara, Tanzania. The products are made using a coiling weaving technique, typical of the region, using natural grasses – star grass and papyrus grass, making them both eco-friendly and yet effortlessly beautiful. The natural grass is woven together with upcycled grain sack, dried banana bark and monochrome fabric to create unique designs. Our handwoven collection is ethically made and fair-trade certified.
SIZE & FIT
- Available in different sizes:
- Small - 27cm
- Medium - 35cm
- Large - 45cm
- Slight variations in size may occur, as each piece is uniquely handcrafted.
DETAILS & CARE
- Natural handwoven storage bowl.
- Can be used for storing fruit and vegetables, or they can be styled as a decorative accent on a shelf or as the centrepiece on a coffee table or dining table.
- The Natural Collection is the epitome of simplistic natural beauty, made entirely out of natural grass that grows in abundance in the region, star grass and papyrus grass. The combination of the two types of grass gives our handwoven items their unique golden glow with a subtle hint of green.
- Handwoven items must be handled gently.
- Avoid exposure to excessive heat & moisture.
- Use a soft brush to dust or a cloth to wipe clean.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials to clean your handwoven items, as these can damage the natural fibres.