- Indulge Thyself // Brown Butter Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (canned or fresh (better))
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp freshly ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1 cup brown butter(2 sticks unsalted butter browned on low heat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Sift all-purpose flour, almond flour, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, salt and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, add the brown butter, saffron. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin purée, lemon zest and mix well.
- Add the sugar, mix. Now, add the dry ingredients. Mix lightly and do not over mix.
- Pour in a greased pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Check after 40 minutes, if the top is browning faster, reduce the temperature and move it to the lowest rack in your oven.
- Take it out, let it cool then top off with some whipped cream.
- Garnish with saffron and whole cardamom.
Serve & Indulge!