Indulge Thyself // Glass Noodles Vermicelli Topped With Seared Tuna
- 1/2 a vertically cut fillet of the best quality tuna you can get your hands on
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- About 2 tbsp. of each; white & black sesame seeds (enough to encrust the tuna)
- 1 tbsp. togarashi spice
- A handful of glass noodles
- 1/2 a yellow bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 a red bell pepper (sliced thinly)
- 2 stalks of scallions
- 1/2 cup (dry saké or white grape juice)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. liquid yuzu
- 1 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. mint (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. shiso leaf (if available)
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
Gently massage the tuna in sesame oil, then coat the tuna with the white sesame, black sesame, & togarashi mix.
In a hot pan, sear tuna for 20 seconds on each side, set aside to cool .
To cook the noodles : place noodles in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Noodles will take a minute to be cooked, drain and set aside
To cook the vegetables: in a hot pan add sesame oil, throw in the peppers, scallion and saké or white grape juice and deglaze for a couple of minutes.
Add the yuzu sauce ingredients over the peppers, remove off the heat and pour over the noodles
To plate : place the noodles in your desired bowl, slice the tuna into 1/2 inch slices and place aside or over noodles.
Garnish with all ingredients mentioned above in the garnish section.