Edited by Homegrown Market
- 2 quinces, cored, peeled, cut into 2 inch pieces, cores reserved
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked
- ¼ cup shelled, halved pistachios
- Toss quince cubes with 2 Tbsp. lemon juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Bring sugar, cardamom pods, reserved quince cores, and 2½ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring to dissolve sugar, about 5 minutes. Add quince, reduce heat to low, and cook, covered, until quinces develop a deep red color and are tender but not mushy, 3 hours. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. lemon juice and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid has slightly thickened, 8–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat (the syrup will thicken as it cools) and add pistachios. Remove and discard quince cores. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Go Ahead: Jam can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.