Edited by Homegrown Market
- 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh brown miso paste
- 1 clove of garlic( finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Kombu (Asian kelp, optional)
- Desired vegetables (spinach, baby corn, bok choy, green onion)
- 1 egg
- A handful or a packet of Rice noodles, ramen or instant ramen
- Togarashi spice & chopped crispy nori or seaweed
- (to decorate)
- In a medium size sauce pan add all of the broth base ingredients on medium heat till they have completely dissolved excluding the Kombu.
- Wait until it reaches a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in another pot boil your egg for exactly 5 minutes (for a runny yolk).
- Tip: Make sure the water is boiling before dropping the egg in! Place it in an ice bath immediately after cooking. -Drop the ramen in the broth for 2-3 minutes max.
- Add in the vegetables to the ramen pot a minute after and give it a good stir.
- Discard the Kombu before plating.
- Slice the runny egg on top of the ramen
- Garnish with spring onion, nori & Togarashi spice