Meet Sara Al-Maghrabi
Meet the Cancer Survivor
1. Who is Sara Al-Maghrabi?
A survivor, previvor and social media influencer.
2. Tell us 3 fun facts about you
An introvert foodie and a coffee lover.
3. How did your life change since becoming an influencer?
"Living in the spotlight."
4. What 3 tips would you share with someone aspiring to become an influencer?
First and foremost, as an influencer, you should always be open to criticism without letting it let you down and affect the way you look at yourself. Secondly, always use your platform to give off positive energy and vibes to your audience. Last but not least, be authentic.
5. If you were not an influencer, what would you be doing?
I would still be working hard to get to where I am today. It is my hope that, by sharing, I can be a good influence and encourage others to do the same. – however that might be – we can make the world a better place.
6. How did you discover you had cancer?
I noticed an abnormal growth and got it checked by doctors. I was diagnosed with cancer.
7. What was the main obstacle during your journey and how did you overcome it?
At first, it came to me as a shock and I was in denial as I did not have a complete idea about what was happening. Once I started to comprehend the situation and have a clearer vision, I finally came to accepting the situation.
The support I received from everyone around me was the source of my strength but I strongly believe power always comes from within.
8. How did that experience change you?
This experience shaped the way I am today and made me the person who lives life to the fullest. Life can be simple and not as complicated as one might think, we just have to accept and be content with our lives.
9. How did being an influencer help you in your journey?
I took this experience as a chance to be true to myself and show the other side of social media. I showed my audience what is behind those idealistic instagram posts.
As an influencer, I was able to reach out to those who are fighting cancer or any other life-threatening illness through my platform and helped me participate in various campaigns related to this case.
10. What words of wisdom would you give a young adult fighting cancer?
We are all strong in our own unique ways. You will eventually discover your inner strength under certain circumstances.
11. How would you like to be remembered?
I would like to be remembered as the kind but strong person who loves to make people happy.
12. A slogan you would give to this chapter of your life..
“Acceptance is the key & live your life to the fullest.”